Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Two wardrobes and a knocker..."

We’re back on campus—woohoo! As much fun as the vacation was to loco San José and tranquilo Arenal, it is a relief to be back at our Costa Rican home that is the ecolodge. We went horseback riding on the volcano yesterday which may or may not be my favorite part of the trip thus far. My horse’s name was Durango, and we had a connection immediately—no joke. Mom, you would have been so proud of me. I even got the hang of trotting, with the double bounce. ANNNND we got to take off GALLOPING across some pastures! I could do that every day. However, the buns are very sore today.

Things got a little hectic when Leah's horse named Moreno got a 'tude and started kicking people. Tamara and Shamar fell victim to the possessed beast, which is ironic because they're both morenos. We guessed the horse didn't want anyone to steal his thunder. Thankfully, both had a healthy recovery.

This post is mostly going to be a series of pics, since I've been slacking lately...

Ashlknig on her biotch horse, Paloma.
"Baby" 
Me and my frand Durango.
Shamar pre-kick.
Catchin' a drink.
I asked Tyler to hold my camera.

Normal.
After the horseback riding, we headed back to the hotel where I took a solid 2 hour nap. We then went into town where we did a bit of shopping and grabbed dinner. I got a present for my house next year, get excited ladiez! We had dinner at a super random spot called "Just Good Food, Home of Buck the Talking Deer." Seriously. It was an ethnically diverse diner, owned by an ancient Texan, where one server was Russian and the other Italian. Both seemed extremely nervous the whole time, but the prices were amazing and the food wasn't bad either. The best part about it, besides the mounted talking deer head, was the assortment of items for sale inside the restaurant...

50% off sunglasses, hats, phrasebooks, dictionaries, outdated disposable cameras and
a plethora of novels ranging from the latest George Bush to Atlas Shrugged...
 Also, the glasses in which the $2 beer was served...

Granny's tea? Nope!
Laquesha and me.
 This morning before departing from Arenal...

Kelsey playing hacky-sack with a duck.
Kristena, me, Leah, and Allie waiting for Ashley and Sarah to wake up 1 hr late.
Arenal Volcano.

Toucans on the way home!
And a random shot from last week...

Leah, Ashley, Tyler, and Kelsey jam out.

No comments:

Post a Comment